lightship dyck bateau phare dyck
1935 - present|
The Lightship Dyck.
Commisioned 1935 and sent to Dunkirk for operation, at the arrival of World War II the lightship was taken out of service and sent to La Pallice. With the end of hostilities the lightship was returned to service in 1949 and renamed Havre III for service near Le Havre, at a location about 7 miles south of Cap de la Hève.
Whilst at Le Havre the lightship was automated during 1981 where it remained until 1983 when it was taken out of service.
During 1986 the lightship became an exhibit at the Musée Maritime et Portuaire in Le Havre, France.
Builder: FCM, Havre-Graville.
Displacement: 523 tons
Engines: Two Sulzer 60hp engines, Type RKWN?
Service Speed: ??
Port of Registry: ??
Page added February 28th 2009
Return to Ship menu
Return to Picture menu
Return to Home page